Being gluten free, cake is one of those treats that usually requires advance planning in order to stay within the parameters of a gluten free diet. This Cinnamon Breakfast Cake With Date Glaze is a light and fluffy indulgence that will satisfy your sweet tooth, and still allow you to stay true to yourself. This cake can be served for breakfast, dessert or snack and is vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Cinnamon Breakfast Cake With Date Glaze
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar OR for no added sugar, add 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup aquafaba liquid from canned chickpeas, aka garbanzo beans
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 4 oz applesauce
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted pecans for garnish
- 4 large dates pitted, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- Mix all ingredients in bowl until blended completely.
- Oil 9" pan with coconut oil and pour mixture into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Blend dates and almond milk in small high speed blender until smooth
- Let cake cool for 30 minutes; spread Date Glaze and sprinkle toasted pecans.
Other recipes like Cinnamon Breakfast Cake With Date Glaze that you might enjoy:
See more photos on Instagram.