Cauliflower Quinoa Pizza Gluten Free. As I have said many times on this site, when I found out that I had to adhere to a gluten free diet, one of the things that I missed the most, was pizza. In 2008, there were not many options for gluten free anything, and certainly not pizza.
Today, we have so many gluten free options, that it is almost possible to forget that you are "burdened" with a gluten free diet. With this cauliflower quinoa pizza, we have not only a gluten free pizza, but also a pizza packed with nutrition, flavor and fiber. What could be better than that?
Ingredients For Cauliflower Quinoa Pizza
Take a quick look to see if you have all of the ingredients for this pizza.
For the crust you will need:
For the toppings, you will need:
pizza sauce or bruschetta
red or yellow pepper
leeks or green onions
For this pizza, we used the toppings listed above. My personal favorite toppings for pizza include fresh vegetables, and there is nothing better than fresh basil grown in the garden.
As is the case with any pizza, you can make the crust, and add any toppings that you like, or just use what you have on hand. The options include any vegetables or even fruits to give your pizza a sweet flavor. That way, if you have different tastes in your house, you can please the crowd with a variety of toppings.
In order to make the pizza crust, your cauliflower and quinoa must be pre-cooked. I prepare them in the Instant Pot, but you can also cook them on the stove top. This will definitely be your go to pizza crust when you need a gluten free, nutritious, high fiber crust.
The flavor possibilities are endless. This pizza will be ready to eat in one hour, and it will taste so much better and fresher than any processed or delivery pizza.
Steps For Preparing Cauliflower Quinoa Pizza
- cook cauliflower and remove moisture with towel
- cook quinoa according to package directions
- add crust ingredients and mix to food processor
- spread crust on oiled pizza pan with silicon mat
- bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
- add vegetables, herbs and cheese to baked crust
- bake for additional 20 minutes
Tips For Making Cauliflower Quinoa Pizza
- Your crust will be sticky, and will not be rolled like a traditional pizza crust. You will press the dough into the pan with your hands, which you have oiled to prevent sticking.
- Bake the crust for 30 minutes before adding the vegetables and herbs.
- Do not put more than 1/2 cup of sauce/bruschetta on the pizza or the crust will get soggy.
- This pizza is made with peppers, mushrooms, leeks, basil and olives. You can substitute any vegetables or fruits to create your favorite pizza combination. Peaches are great on pizza in the summer!
- For the vegan option, substitute the egg with egg replacement, and use vegan cheese for the goat cheese and topping cheese. Here are vegan egg replacement ideas.
Cauliflower Quinoa Pizza Gluten Free
Cauliflower Quinoa Pizza Crust
- 1 head of cauliflower, cooked approximately 1 cup
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 egg or if vegan, egg substitute
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup goat cheese or vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 pepper, red yellow or orange, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup leek or green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup bruchetta sauce (or pizza sauce)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup white cheese, parmesan, asagio or romano optional-omit for vegan or dairy free
Cauliflower Quinoa Pizza
- Cook cauliflower in Instant Pot for 3 minutes, or boil on stovetop until cauliflower is tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain cauliflower and place in clean towel; squeeze liquid out of cauliflower. You will have approximately 1 cup of cooked cauliflower.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using pizza pan and silicon mat (or parchment paper), rubbing olive oil on the silicon mat to assure that the pizza doesn't stick.
- Add all pizza crust ingredients to food processor. Process until ingredients are mixed; do not over mix.
- Using spoon, scoop pizza crust out of food processor and place on center of pizza pan. Dough will be sticky so, with a little oil on your hands , spread and press the dough around the pan evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare your vegetables and herbs. After pizza crust is cooked, add bruchetta sauce and spread evenly. Top with peppers, olives, mushrooms, basil and cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes. Slice and serve.
- Your pizza crust will be sticky, so you will not roll the pizza crust. You will press the crust in the pan with your hands, that you have oiled to prevent sticking.
- This recipe can be vegan or dairy free by substituting the egg and cheese with egg replacement and vegan cheese.
More recipes that you might enjoy: