Broccoli Pepper Jack Breakfast Casserole. We are still spending much more time at home, so that means eating has become a different kind of venture. Sometimes you just want to be creative and prepare something magnificent that will get rave reviews, and other times, it is all about the indulgence of your comfort foods. These days, comfort food wins out. For me, breakfast is always my go to comfort food.
Whatever school of thought you aspire to, that breakfast is the most important meal of the day or you intermittent fast until noon, one thing is undisputed. Breakfast should be more than just dough, carbs, bread--it should have some nutritional value. For that reason, pop-tarts, bagels, pancakes, waffles with nothing else, isn't really the breakfast that I have in mind when I think of a healthy breakfast.
This Broccoli Pepper Jack Breakfast Casserole is my idea of breakfast comfort food. It features nutrients from eggs and broccoli, and off the charts yummy flavor from pepper jack cheese.
The other factor that is important in comfort food, is that you don't have to work to hard to prepare food to be comforted---in other words, no 10 step recipes qualify for comfort food. This recipe is so easy, perfect for a starter cook, (even the kids can make it) and it is ready in 30 minutes.
Ingredients For Breakfast Casserole
The shopping is super simple--you might have all the ingredients on hand. For this dish you will need:
- pepper jack cheese
- broccoli, either fresh or frozen thawed
- tortillas, either wheat or corn for gluten free
- salt, pepper
That is it.
Steps For Preparing Broccoli Casserole
- Add eggs to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowl, and add remaining ingredients. Stir with spoon.
- Oil 9x9 dish
- Slice 2 tortillas in half
- Place tortillas in bottom of dish with cut side facing edge
- Pour egg broccoli mixture on top of tortillas
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Broccoli Pepper Jack Breakfast Casserole
- 2 large tortillas, cut in half use corn tortillas for gluten free
- 6 eggs
- 1- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup broccoli, thawed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup chopped onions
- Slice tortillas in half. Place in bottom of oiled 9x9 pan
- Blend eggs, salt and pepper in blender.
- Add cheese, broccoli and onions, and stir with spoon. (not blender)
- Pour mixture into pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes