Are you always looking for a filling and flavorful dish that not a major carbohydrate overload? I think that this is that dish. Black Bean Rotini Pasta is a pasta that has extra protein from the black beans, not all the carbs that you will find in standard flour based pasta. One serving contains 14 grams of protein and 15 grams of fiber! That is so healthy, it almost seems like it couldn’t possibly be pasta. I added vegetables, artichokes, peppers, kale and leeks and a basic red sauce to give it some yummy and topped with Trader Joe’s vegan mozzarella cheese. Seriously, ready in less than 30 minutes, it was better than I could have imagined. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Black Bean Rotini Pasta
- 12 oz black bean rotini pasta--I found this at Trader Joe's
- 1 cup sliced red peppers
- 1/2 leek sliced
- 6 oz cooked artichoke hearts sliced
- 1 cup fresh baby kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz organic red sauce
- Herbs: basil rosemary, onion
- Cook pasta according to package directions--do not overcook.
- Stirfry vegetables in olive oil. Add seasoning.
- Mix vegetables, red sauce into the cooked pasta. Spread mixture into 9x13 pan.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes to melt and brown cheese. Top with herbs.
More photos on Instagram.
More recipes like Black Bean Rotini Pasta that you might enjoy: