Baja Chicken Salad It is April, the weather is getting warm and that means it is traditionally time for salads! When you have a food blog, the types of food that you prepare are definitely seasonal, so typically salads for for spring and summer. The thing is, many of us like to eat salads all year round, and want them to be as fresh and delicious as they are in spring and summer. So, although maybe you can’t fire up the grill during the winter or cold months, you can still have a flavorful Baja Chicken Salad by cooking your chicken in the Instant Pot. I can’t say it enough–I love the Instant Pot, and the way that it cooks and marinates food to enhance the flavor. The chicken for this salad can be cooked on the grill if you prefer, or if not, in the Instant Pot. This recipe is gluten free and dairy free, and you can make your Baja Salad vegetarian by omitting the chicken.
Instructions For Baja Chicken Salad
Baja Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup lemon/lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 2 bonless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups arugula lettuce
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 large or 2 small avocados, sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Mix all ingredients except green onions in jar and shake well. Add half of marinade to small bowl with 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Top with chopped green onions.
- Add 1 cup of water to inner pot of Instant Pot. Place bowl on Instant Pot trivet and place into inner pot of Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes; let steam NR, release naturally. After pressure is released, remove chicken and slice.
- Cook corn for 2 minutes in microwave, and cut corn off of cob. Add arugula lettuce, corn, cherry tomatoes, green onions and black beans to large salad bowl or salad tray. Slice avocado and add to salad. Add sliced chicken.
- Top with cilantro and add additional dressing from marinade as desired. Toss salad and serve.
Other recipes like Baja Chicken Salad that you might enjoy: